Apply by February 19, 2021!
Application link at the bottom of this page.
Eligibility: This program is open to current college undergraduates who would complete this internship before they graduate and are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. This includes community college students who are continuing their college education in Fall 2021.
Application Materials: Here is a list of information and documents to have ready to complete the application process (data is kept in your browser cache until you submit):
- Two letters of recommendation from your professors emailed directly to email@example.com in your name by February 26th. For your application, you will need to provide their names and the email addresses from where they will send us your letter so we can match up their letter with your application (usually just their institutional email). Make sure you get consent from them before completing your application.
- A personal statement (2 pages max) explaining your interest in our program (file attachment, any format).
- An unofficial transcript (file attachment).
- Your GPA for all courses
- Your GPA for just STEM courses (GPA calculator)
- February 19th: Your application is due. (We will continue to review applications submitted after this date until the program is filled.)
- February 26th: Letters of Recommendation must be in for full consideration. First offers are made to students immediately after this deadline.
- March 5th: Physics REU sites utilize a common deadline for students to accept or decline first round offers. Depending on student commitments made on this date, we may send out additional offers.
- Early April: Notification of all applicants of their status once the program is filled (exact date depends on when all student commitments are in). Feel free to ask us about your status at any time.
Applications have closed for 2021