Eligibility: This program is open to current college undergraduates who would complete this internship before they graduate and are U.S. citizens or permanent residents. This includes community college students who are continuing their college education in Fall 2023.
Application Materials: Here is a list of information and documents to have ready to complete the application process (data is kept in your browser cache until you submit):
- Two letters of recommendation from your professors submitted in your name by February 24th. Make sure you get consent from them before completing your application.
- A personal statement (2 pages max) explaining your interest in our REU program (file attachment, any format).
- A short statement of how you overcame a challenge in life (direct textbox input).
- An unofficial transcript (file attachment).
- Your GPA for all courses
- Your GPA for just STEM courses (GPA calculator)
- A short statement of your coding experience (direct textbox input)
- February 4th: Your application and letters of recommendation are due. (We will continue to review applications submitted after this date until the program is filled.)
- March 4th: Physics REU sites utilize a common deadline for students to accept or decline first round offers. Depending on student commitments made on this date, we may send out additional offers.
- Early April: Notification of all applicants of their status once the program is filled (exact date depends on when all student commitments are in). Feel free to ask us about your status at any time.